شروط الخدمة - اتفاقية المستخدم
Your use of FinjanHost Services is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these FinjanHost Terms of Service (the “Agreement”). This Agreement explains (i) what’s allowed when using our Services; (ii) the rights you have as a user of our Services; (iii) the rights FinjanHost has if you do something which is not allowed when using our Services; and (iv) many other important terms. This Agreement is a legal contract between you and FinjanHost and it is important that you read it carefully. If there is anything you do not understand in this Agreement, please contact us.
Summary and Quick Links
Eligibility, Registration and Account Security
This section describes the eligibility criteria we require from all of our users. When you register to use our Services (as defined below), we need to make sure that you are able to legally contract with FinjanHost.
All Subscribers are required to comply with applicable law and have certain obligations with respect to their use of FinjanHost Services. For example, you are required to keep a backup of your data, promptly remove any malware from your account, and cooperate with FinjanHost and utilize hardware and software that is compatible with the Services.
Billing and Payment
FinjanHost offers a great range of Services to suit everyone’s needs and at prices to suit everyone’s pockets. The fees you pay are based on the plan you choose and any add-on products you purchase. All payments are taken, in advance, for the full term of your plan.
To ensure uninterrupted service, FinjanHost Services will automatically renew on your renewal date. This section explains this process in more detail.
Term and Termination Policy
FinjanHost offers hosting plans for a fixed period of time that you select upon purchase (e.g., 1 year, 2 year, etc.). Even though we do not want you to, we know that one day you might want to leave FinjanHost. The instructions to cancel or disable automatic renewal can be found here.
Refunds and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
This section describes FinjanHost’s 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you purchase an account with a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee and cancel during the first thirty (30) days of your term, you may receive a full refund of all basic hosting fees paid.
Customers are required to utilize server resources in an efficient and responsible manner. Excessive use of server CPU and memory resources by a customer can interfere with or prevent normal service performance for other customers. This section explains this process in more detail about our policy on CPU, Bandwidth and Disk Usage.
Governing Law and Arbitration
The governing law and jurisdiction provision shall apply to all Subscribers.
This Agreement is an agreement between FinjanHost Inc. (“us,” “we,” or “FinjanHost”) and you (“Subscriber” or “you” and “your”). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the products and services made available by FinjanHost and through the FinjanHost website (collectively, the “Services”). By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully.
We may in our sole discretion change or modify this Agreement at any time. We will post a notice of any significant changes to this Agreement on the FinjanHost website for at least thirty (30) days after the changes are posted and will indicate at the bottom of this Agreement the date these terms were last revised. Any changes or modifications to this Agreement shall be effective and binding on you as of the date indicated in a notice posted on this page. If no date is specified, your use of the Services after such changes or modifications shall constitute your acceptance of the Agreement as modified. If you do not agree to abide by this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Services and your sole remedy is to cancel your account.
Use of the Services is also governed by the following policies and agreements, which are incorporated by reference. By using the Services, if applicable, you are also agreeing to the terms of the following policies and agreements.
Additional terms may apply to certain Services, and such additional terms will be made available to you and will be incorporated by reference with such Services.
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Domain Name Dispute Policy
- Copyright Claims Policy
- Data Request Policy
- Anti Spam Policy
- Ownership Dispute/Change Policy
- Domain Agreement Policy
Eligibility; Registration and Account Security.
- The Services are intended solely for users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Any registration by, use of or access to the Services by anyone under eighteen (18) is unauthorized and in violation of this Agreement. By registering for or using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- If you use the Services on behalf of another party, company or other organization, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to bind such party, company or organization to this Agreement and to act on behalf of such party, company or organization with respect to any actions you take in connection with the Services.
- You agree to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about you and your organization (if applicable) as prompted by the registration forms (“Registration Data”); (ii) maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account; (iii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data and any other information you provide to FinjanHost, to keep such information accurate, current and complete; and (iv) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account.
- You acknowledge and accept that despite the security measures FinjanHost takes in connection with the Services, FinjanHost’s system and/or Subscriber Websites (as defined below) may nonetheless become compromised, including without limitation, by hackers, Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or the like. Under such circumstances, FinjanHost may take corrective action as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion and you acknowledge and agree that FinjanHost shall have no liability to you for any damage or loss that you may incur due to such corrective action. You further acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for backing-up all Subscriber Content and Subscriber Websites.
- Dedicated Servers. FinjanHost reserves the right to reset the password on a dedicated server if the password on file is not current so that we may do security audits as required by our system operations and security teams. It is your responsibility to ensure that there is a valid email address and current root password on file for your dedicated server to prevent downtime from forced password resets. FinjanHost reserves the right to audit servers as needed and to perform administrative actions at the request of our teams. Dedicated servers are NOT backed up by us. It is your responsibility to maintain backups.
Except for Subscriber Content (as defined below), all content available through the Services, including designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, software, audio and other files, and their selection and arrangement, and all software used to provide the Services (collectively, “FinjanHost Content”), are the property of FinjanHost or its licensors. No FinjanHost Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, sold or exploited for any purpose in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement. You may not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code or other trade secrets from any FinjanHost Content. Any use of the FinjanHost Content other than as specifically authorized herein is prohibited and will automatically terminate your rights with respect to your use of the Services and the FinjanHost Content granted herein. All rights of FinjanHost or its licensors that are not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to FinjanHost and its licensors.
- You may be able to upload, store, publish, display and distribute information, text, photos, videos, emails, and other content on or through the Services (collectively, “Subscriber Content”). Subscriber Content includes any content posted by you and users of any of your websites hosted through the Services (“Subscriber Websites”). You are solely responsible for any and all Subscriber Content and any transactions or other activities conducted on or through Subscriber Websites. By posting or distributing Subscriber Content on or through the Services, you represent and warrant to FinjanHost that (i) you have all necessary rights to post or distribute such Subscriber Content, and (ii) your posting or distribution of such Subscriber Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party
- You acknowledge and agree that FinjanHost may, but is not obligated to, monitor Subscriber Content and may immediately take any corrective action in FinjanHost’s sole discretion, including without limitation removal of all or a portion of the Subscriber Content, and suspension or termination of any and all Services without refund of any pre-paid fees. You hereby agree that FinjanHost shall have no liability due to any corrective action that FinjanHost may take, including without limitation suspension or termination of Services.
- You hereby grant to FinjanHost, to the extent necessary to provide the Services, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), publish and distribute Subscriber Content and the Subscriber Website; and (ii) make archival or back-up copies of the Subscriber Content and the Subscriber Website. Except for the rights expressly granted above, FinjanHost is not acquiring any right, title or interest in or to the Subscriber Content, all of which shall remain solely with you.
Payment Card Industry Security Standard Disclaimer
FinjanHost complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (“PCI Standard”) in connection with the collection and processing of your data and billing information. However, you are solely responsible for the security of the data and billing information you collect on your Subscriber Website. FinjanHost will not monitor Subscriber Websites for compliance and therefore we are not able to verify whether your Subscriber Website complies with the PCI Standard.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with the Subscriber Content, Subscriber Websites and use of the Services.
- You will cooperate fully with FinjanHost in connection with FinjanHost’s provision of the Services. It is solely your responsibility to provide any equipment or software that may be necessary for you to use the Services. Delays in your performance of your obligations under this Agreement will extend the time for FinjanHost’s performance of its obligations that depend on your performance.
- You will be solely responsible for ensuring that all Subscriber Content and Subscriber Websites are compatible with the hardware and software used by FinjanHost to provide the Services, which hardware and software may be changed by FinjanHost from time to time in its sole discretion.
- You will be solely responsible for backing-up all Subscriber Content, including any Subscriber Websites off of FinjanHost’s servers. This is an affirmative duty. FinjanHost is not responsible for the loss of any Subscriber Content. Note: It is essential that Subscribers backup files offline, even if user purchases or has products, such as Site Backup and Restore.
- You will use your best efforts to ensure that the Subscriber Content is and will at all times remain free of all computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other malicious code.
- You will not use the Services in any manner, as determined by FinjanHost in its sole discretion, that:
- Engages in or promotes illegal activity;
- Engages in or promotes behavior that is defamatory, harassing, abusive or otherwise objectionable;
- Infringes the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- Violates the privacy rights or publicity rights of any third party;
- Interferes with the operation of the Services; or
- Violates the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any of the policies or agreements incorporated by reference herein.
Third Party Websites
The Services may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by FinjanHost (“Third Party Sites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, sound, video, information, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Services or any Third Party Content posted on or made available through the Services, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Content. If you decide to access the Third Party Sites or to access or use any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk and our terms and policies do not apply. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate.
Billing and Payment
- Fees Due. You will pay to FinjanHost all fees for the Services set forth in the registration form presented to you at the time you order the Services and for all fees for subsequent Renewal Periods at the time of renewal.
- Price Increases. FinjanHost may increase the fees for the Services (i) in the manner permitted in the applicable description of the particular Service published by FinjanHost on the FinjanHost website or in a promotional offer (the “Service Description”) and (ii) at any time on or after expiration of the Initial Term by providing thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Written notice may be in the form of (i) notices and updates provided through the Subscriber billing tool provided as part of the Services, (ii) notices and updates otherwise provided through the Services, or (iii) notifications of pricing for renewal terms. It is your sole responsibility to periodically review billing-related information provided by FinjanHost through the Subscriber billing tool or other methods of communications and notices sent or posted by FinjanHost.
- Taxes. The advertised fees do not include any applicable sales, use, revenue, excise or other taxes imposed by any taxing authority with respect to the Services provided hereunder. All such taxes may be added to FinjanHost’s invoices for the fees as separate charges to be paid by you. All fees are non-refundable when paid except as otherwise provided herein.
- Automatic renewals. By purchasing the Services, you agree to allow FinjanHost to place your account on a recurring payment plan. The account will automatically be re-billed according to the term length of the Services you select. For Services with term lengths of three (3) months or longer, FinjanHost shall provide notice of the upcoming charge to Subscriber no later than thirty (30) days prior to the payment date for each Renewal Period. This notification will be sent to the contact email address on file for the Account. In the case of insufficient funds to charge such amount, we will attempt to collect at a partial term quantity (not changing your current term) to avoid an interruption in the Services. Unless you disable the automatic renewal option, we will automatically renew the Services up to fifteen (15) days before your renewal date and will take payment from the payment method we have on file.
- VPS and Dedicated Accounts. As a courtesy and not as an obligation, FinjanHost will automatically renew Subscriber’s VPS or Dedicated Hosting Account by charging the applicable fee for the regular rate to Subscriber’s current method of payment on file. For VPS or Dedicated Hosting accounts with a term of three (3) months or greater, this renewal will occur fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of Subscriber’s Hosting Account. For accounts with a Term of one (1) month, this renewal will occur twenty-four (24) hours prior to the expiration of Subscriber’s Services. For Services with term lengths of three (3) months or longer, FinjanHost will provide notice of the upcoming charge to Subscriber no later than thirty (30) days prior to the payment date. In the event that a VPS or Dedicated Hosting Account that has been set to manual renewal by Subscriber expires, the account will be suspended seven (7) days after expiration if no payment is received. If the account has not been renewed after fourteen (14) days have elapsed following expiration, the account will be terminated.
- Add-On Services. If you purchase certain add-on services from FinjanHost such as Domain Privacy, SSL certificates, you may be required to apply the Service to a specific domain name to begin using the Service. FinjanHost is not responsible if you fail to apply an add-on to a domain name and will not provide refunds for any purchased but unused Services.
- Failure to Pay. If you fail to pay the fees due, we may suspend or terminate your Services and pursue the collection costs incurred by FinjanHost, including without limitation, any arbitration and legal fees and FinjanHost’s reasonable attorneys’ fees. If any check is returned for insufficient funds, FinjanHost may impose a minimum processing charge of $25.00 plus any applicable taxes. Accounts will not be activated or reactivated until all outstanding amounts are paid. We are not responsible for any deleted or lost Subscriber Content that results from any suspension or reactivation. Dedicated servers are subject to being reclaimed and all content deleted if you fail to make a timely payment. If you make a late payment we do not automatically reactivate the dedicated servers. Contact FinjanHost directly after you make a late payment to reactivate the dedicated server.
- Fraud. It is a violation of this Agreement for you to misuse or fraudulently use credit cards, charge cards, electronic funds transfers, and/or electronic checks. We may report all such misuses and fraudulent uses (as determined by us in our sole discretion) to appropriate government and law enforcement authorities, credit reporting services, financial institutions and credit card companies.
- Disputes. You have ninety (90) days to dispute any charge or payment processed by FinjanHost. If you have a question concerning a charge you believe is incorrect, please call us and we will investigate. If you initiate a chargeback, there may be a minimum charge of $25.00 plus applicable taxes to reactivate your account and we reserve the right to suspend your account for the duration of the dispute. Hosting accounts that have an open dispute may be disabled for security purposes.
Term and Termination of the Services
- Term of Services. The initial term of the Services purchased by you will be for the time period set forth in the registration form presented to you when you order the Services (the “Initial Term”). Unless you cancel prior to the end of the Initial Term or as otherwise stated in a notice sent to you at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of your then-current term, the Services will automatically renew for successive periods of equal length as the Initial Term (each a “Renewal Period”). You acknowledge, agree, and authorize us to automatically bill the applicable fee and/or charge your credit card or other payment method on file up to fifteen (15) days prior to the end of each Renewal Period, unless you terminate or cancel the Services prior to such charge as provided in this section. The “Term” of this Agreement shall include the Initial Term and all Renewal Periods, if any.
- Termination Procedure. You may terminate or cancel the Services you purchased at any time during the Term by giving FinjanHost notice by phone or chat. The cancellation request is subject to verification of ownership of the account and/or domain, as determined in FinjanHost’s sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such cancellation subject to the terms of the thirty (30) day money-back guarantee if applicable. After the account is canceled, all Subscriber Content will be permanently removed from the server. Please make a backup of all Subscriber Content before you contact FinjanHost to cancel your account.
- Disabling automatic renewal option. Subscriber must notify FinjanHost at least sixteen (16) business days prior to the Services or domain renewal date to disable the automatic renewal option. Such notification may be by phone, online chat, or by opening a ticket. This request must include verification of ownership of the account and/or domain(s), as determined by FinjanHost in its sole discretion.
- Domain Parking. If the account is downgraded to a free domain parking account, all Subscriber Content will be permanently removed from the server. Please make a backup of all Subscriber Content before you disable auto renewal. So long as your Account remains active, other products and services on the Account such as domain names or Domain Privacy will continue to auto renew unless you cancel them.
- Termination by FinjanHost. FinjanHost may terminate your access to the Services, in whole or in part, without notice in the event that: (i) you fail to pay any fees due hereunder to FinjanHost; (ii) you violate the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (iii) your conduct may harm FinjanHost or others, cause FinjanHost or others to incur liability, or disrupt FinjanHost’s business operations (as determined by FinjanHost in its sole discretion); (iv) you are abusive toward FinjanHost staff in any manner; or (v) for any other lawful reason or as otherwise specified in this Agreement. In such event, FinjanHost will not refund to you any fees paid in advance of such termination, and you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such termination.
- Modification of Services. FinjanHost reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time.
- Data Deletion. Upon termination of the Services for any reason, Subscriber Content, Subscriber Websites, and other data will be deleted. You should always maintain back-up copies of all Subscriber Content, Subscriber Websites, and other data. FinjanHost is not responsible for the loss of any Subscriber Content. It is essential that Subscribers backup files offline, even if user purchases or has products, such as Site Backup and Restore.
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- If you purchase an account with a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee, you may receive a full refund of all basic hosting fees paid (the “Money-back Guarantee Refund”) if you cancel within the first thirty (30) days of the Initial Term (the “Money-back Guarantee Period”) and make a written request to FinjanHost’s billing department for such refund. The Money-back Guarantee Refund shall only accrue and be due to you upon your compliance with, and subject in all respects to, the terms and conditions of this section. Money-back Guarantee Refunds only apply to basic hosting services and do not apply to domain registration fees (except as set forth below during the first 3 days of registration), setup fees, or any fees for additional Services.
- The Money-back Guarantee Refund is valid for credit card payments only. Due to the costs associated with processing payments made by other methods, we are not able to offer the Money-back Guarantee Refund for other payment methods.
- Nonrefundable Fees. Fees paid by Subscriber in connection with the purchase of add-on services, including without limitation, SSL certificates, AppMachine, Site Backup Pro, Pay Per Click Marketing (PPC), cPanel QuickStart, WordPress QuickStart, Site Doctor, website transfer, Design Service Standard, Design Service Plus, Design Service Premium, SEO Package, SiteLock, Constant Contact, domain privacy, and domain names are non-refundable, as are payments made by check for $10.00 or less due to processing fees, unless otherwise expressly provided.
- Cancellations within First 3 Days of Registration. In the event Subscriber cancels the Services within three (3) calendar days of registration and requests a refund in compliance with the terms and conditions of this section, Subscriber will receive a Money-back Guarantee Refund. In addition, Subscriber has the option, but not the obligation, to retain ownership and control of any promotional “Free Domain Name” registered in connection with the subscription, in which case Subscriber’s refund will be reduced by $15.99 per domain name.
- Cancellations After 3 Days and Before 30 Days. In the event Subscriber cancels the Services after the expiration of three (3) calendar days, but prior to the expiration of thirty (30) calendar days, Subscriber will receive a Money-back Guarantee Refund subject to the following:
- Free Domain Names: If Subscriber registers any domain name as part of a “Free Domain Name” promotion in connection with the registration, Subscriber’s refund will be reduced by $15.99 per domain name. Subscriber will retain full ownership and control of any such domain names.
- Any fees paid by Subscriber for a Dedicated IP will be refunded at a prorated rate based on the registration date, the length of service, and the date of cancellation.
- Cancellations After 30 Days. FinjanHost does not offer refunds for cancellations that occur after thirty (30) calendar days.
FinjanHost as Reseller or Licensor
FinjanHost is acting only as a reseller or licensor of certain third party services, hardware, software and equipment used in connection with the Services (“Non-FinjanHost Products”). FinjanHost shall not be responsible for any changes in the Services that cause any Non-FinjanHost Product to become obsolete, require modification or alteration, or otherwise affect the performance of the Services. Any malfunction or manufacturer’s defects of Non-FinjanHost Products either sold, licensed or provided by FinjanHost to you or purchased directly by you and used in connection with the Services will not be deemed a breach of FinjanHost’s obligations under this Agreement. Any rights or remedies you may have regarding the ownership, licensing, performance or compliance of any Non-FinjanHost Product are limited to those rights extended to you by the manufacturer of such Non-FinjanHost Product. You are entitled to use any Non-FinjanHost Product supplied by FinjanHost only in connection with your permitted use of the Services.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address Ownership
If FinjanHost assigns you an Internet Protocol (“IP”) address for your use, you shall have no right to use that IP address except as permitted by FinjanHost in its sole discretion in connection with the Services during the Term. FinjanHost shall retain ownership of all IP addresses assigned to you by FinjanHost, and FinjanHost reserves the right to change or remove any and all such IP addresses in its sole discretion.
- Acceptable Use Policy. Hosting space is intended for use in accordance with FinjanHost’s Acceptable Use Policy, and is limited to Web files, active e-mail and content of the hosted Subscriber Websites, not for storage (whether of media, e-mails, or other data). Hosting space further may not be used as offsite storage of electronic files, e-mail or FTP hosts. FinjanHost expressly reserves the right to review every user account for excessive usage of CPU, bandwidth, disk space and other resources that may be a result of your violation of this Agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy. FinjanHost may, in its sole discretion, terminate access to the Services, apply additional fees, or remove/delete Subscriber Content for those Subscriber accounts that are found to be in violation of FinjanHost policies. You hereby agree that FinjanHost shall have no liability due to any action that FinjanHost may take, including without limitation suspension or termination of Services in connection with your violation of this section.
- Unlimited Hosting Space; excessive MySQL files. FinjanHost does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of disk space a Subscriber can use for the Subscriber’s Website, nor does FinjanHost charge additional fees based on an increased amount of storage used, provided the Subscriber’s use of storage complies with this Agreement. Accounts with a large number of files (inode count in excess of 200,000) can have an adverse affect on server performance. Similarly, accounts with an excessive number of MySQL/PostgreSQL tables (i.e., in excess of 1000 database tables) or of database size (i.e., in excess of 3GB total MySQL/PostgreSQL usage or 2GB MySQL/PostgreSQL usage in a single database) negatively affect the performance of the server. FinjanHost may request that a Subscriber’s number of files/inodes, database tables, or total database usage be reduced to ensure the proper performance of the Services or may terminate the Subscriber’s account, with or without notice.
- Unlimited File Transfer. FinjanHost does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of visitor traffic Subscriber Websites can receive or on the amount of content a Subscriber can upload to Subscriber Websites in any given month, nor does FinjanHost charge additional fees based on the increased use of bandwidth, as long as the Subscriber’s use of the Services complies with this Agreement. In most cases, Subscriber Websites will be able to support as much traffic as the Subscriber can legitimately acquire. However, FinjanHost reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, or memory in cases where it is necessary to prevent negatively impacting other Subscribers.
Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and Dedicated Servers Usage
- Resource Usage. Dedicated and VPS usage is limited by the resources allocated to the specific plan that you have purchased.
- Backup. Each Subscriber is solely responsible for backing-up all Subscriber Content, including any Subscriber Websites. FinjanHost is not responsible for the loss of any Subscriber Content.
- Subscriber Super-user Access. Subscriber acknowledges that Subscriber is solely responsible for any changes made with super-user access and that FinjanHost may not be able to reverse any changes and/or recover data lost or damaged through the use of super-user privileges. FinjanHost’s level of support to those Subscribers accessing super-user privileges will be limited as follows:
- Reinstallation of corrupted modules, such as control panel files, web server files, etc.;
- Reinstallation of the baseline operating system and core file image at Subscriber’s request. Subscriber acknowledges and understands that a new image install will cause the irreversible complete loss of all data stored on the server. FinjanHost is not liable for any data lost as a result of this action;
- Restoration of files from available backups at Subscriber’s request. This restoration will be a full restore of the backup files; FinjanHost does not offer file-by-file restoration services;
- FinjanHost will not attempt any configuration or setup of DNS, firewalls, web server, etc.; and
- FinjanHost will attempt basic diagnostics upon Subscriber’s request. FinjanHost does not offer in-depth manual diagnostics as part of the Service. Subscriber may contact FinjanHost Professional Services to inquire about additional support offerings.
Parked Domain Services
By registering for the Services you agree that FinjanHost may point your domain name or DNS to one of FinjanHost’s or FinjanHost’s affiliates web pages as a default landing page, and that they may place advertising on your web page (the “Parked Pages”). You shall have no right to any compensation and shall not be entitled to receive any funds related to the monetization of your Parked Pages. If you do not wish for FinjanHost to display Parked Pages on your web page you can opt out of such practice. You can opt out of Parked Pages by updating the DNS of the domain name to point to another provider or by changing the default web page file stored on your account.
In addition to all terms and conditions described in this Agreement, the following shall also be applicable to a Subscriber participating in a FinjanHost Reseller Program (“Reseller”), including VPS and Dedicated Hosting customers utilizing their account to provide Reseller services:
- Reseller shall ensure that each Subscriber signed up by the Reseller complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Reseller cannot make any modifications to this Agreement. Any such alterations shall be deemed a violation of this Agreement and could result in the cancellation of Reseller’s accounts. FinjanHost is not responsible for any modifications made to this Agreement by Reseller.
- In the event that a Subscriber signed up by a Reseller is determined to be in violation of this Agreement, the Reseller shall, upon receipt of notice of the violation, take prompt action to ensure that the account in question is updated to be in full compliance with this Agreement. In addition, FinjanHost, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to take action directly if Reseller fails to do so.
- FinjanHost is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Resellers. The Reseller hereby agrees to indemnify FinjanHost from and against any and all claims made by any Subscriber or third party arising from the Reseller’s acts or omissions.
- FinjanHost reserves the right to revise its Reseller Program at any time. Changes will take effect when posted online or on any date as set forth in a notice provided by us.
- Resellers assume all responsibility for billing and technical support for each of the Subscribers signed up by the Reseller. FinjanHost reserves the right to refuse inquiries made to customer support from Subscribers signed up by a Reseller.
Technical Support Services.
- Except as described otherwise stated below, FinjanHost will provide technical support via chat and phone for the Services (“Technical Support Services”). You will be required to provide as much information as possible to aid our investigation into any issues or problems. By utilizing FinjanHost’s Technical Support Services, you grant FinjanHost permission to access your account, if necessary, to resolve your issue. You agree that FinjanHost and its agents and employees are not liable for any damage resulting from the provision of customer support.
- Ineligibility for Technical Support Services. FinjanHost will not provide Technical Support Services if: (a) you are in breach of this Agreement; (b) the need for Technical Support Services is due to (i) any modification or attempted modification of the Services by you or any third party outside of FinjanHost’s control, or (ii) your failure or refusal to implement changes recommended by FinjanHost; or (c) you are abusive toward our staff in any manner.
- VPS and Dedicated Servers. FinjanHost will provide a default operating system installation on the dedicated server hardware that permits super-user server access to our support staff. Subscriber agrees and acknowledges that if Subscriber alters or removes this server access, FinjanHost’s ability to provide technical support to the Subscriber may be severely limited.
You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Services, including any information or content obtained through the Services, is at your own risk. You further acknowledge and agree that FinjanHost exercises no control over, and accepts no responsibility for, the content of the information passing through FinjanHost’s host computers, network hubs and points of presence or the Internet.
THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE BASIS.” FINJANHOST AND ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “FINJANHOST PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER. THE FINJANHOST PARTIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (I) THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE; (II) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES; OR (III) AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES. THE FINJANHOST PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY DATA TRANSFERRED EITHER TO OR FROM SUBSCRIBERS OR STORED BY SUBSCRIBERS ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY FINJANHOST OR FINJANHOST’S REPRESENTATIVES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. FINJANHOST DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT SUBSCRIBERS WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF THEIR CHOOSING. FINJANHOST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE OR SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUCH THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT SUCH SERVICE OR SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY SERVICE OR FINJANHOST IN PARTICULAR. THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
- FINJANHOST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR NONPERFORMANCE OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE CAUSED BY ANY REASON, WHETHER WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF ITS CONTROL. IN NO EVENT WILL THE FINJANHOST PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY SUBSCRIBER CONTENT, SUBSCRIBER WEBSITE OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSED OR DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICES, EVEN IF FINJANHOST IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, FINJANHOST’S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO FINJANHOST FOR THE SERVICES IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE INITIAL ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. THIS IS AN AGGREGATE LIMIT. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM HEREUNDER WILL NOT INCREASE THIS LIMIT. NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR OUT OF THE SERVICES MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU, THE SUBSCRIBER, MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW A LIMITATION ON LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE THAT CAUSES DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY AND, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, FINJANHOST’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the FinjanHost Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, suits, actions, demands, proceedings (whether legal or administrative), and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees) threatened, asserted, or filed by a third party against any of the FinjanHost Parties arising out of or relating to (i) your use of the Services, (ii) any breach or violation by you of this Agreement; or (iii) any of your acts or omissions, except to the extent any of the foregoing directly results from FinjanHost’s own gross negligence or willful misconduct. The terms of this section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Backups. For its own operational efficiencies and purposes, FinjanHost from time to time backs up data on its servers, but is under no obligation or duty to Subscriber to do so under this Agreement. IT IS SOLELY SUBSCRIBER’S DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP SUBSCRIBER’S FILES AND DATA ON FinjanHost SERVERS, AND under no circumstance will FinjanHost be liable to anyone FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND under any legal theory for loss of Subscriber files and/or data on any FinjanHost server. FinjanHost will not attempt to back up accounts that exceed 50,000 files or 30 Gigs of space for any reason and does not maintain any backups of dedicated accounts.
- Independent Contractor. FinjanHost and Subscriber are independent contractors and nothing contained in this Agreement places FinjanHost and Subscriber in the relationship of principal and agent, partners or joint venturers. Neither party has, expressly or by implication, or may represent itself as having, any authority to make contracts or enter into any agreements in the name of the other party, or to obligate or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- Headings. The headings herein are for convenience only and are not part of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including documents incorporated herein by reference, supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and this Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement between the parties with respect to the matters covered hereby.
- Severability. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions (unless otherwise specified) thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions (unless otherwise specified) thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver. No failure or delay by any party hereto to exercise any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy by any party preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. No express waiver or assent by any party hereto to any breach of or default in any term or condition of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of or an assent to any succeeding breach of or default in the same or any other term or condition hereof.
- Assignment; Successors. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without the prior written consent of FinjanHost. Any attempted assignment in violation of the foregoing provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect whatsoever. FinjanHost may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement, and may engage subcontractors or agents in performing its duties and exercising its rights hereunder, without your consent. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Force Majeure. Neither party is liable for any default or delay in the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement (other than failure to make payments when due) if such default or delay is caused, directly or indirectly, by forces beyond such party’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, acts of God, labor disputes, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, interruptions of transportation or communications, supply shortages or the failure of any third party to perform any commitment relative to the production or delivery of any equipment or material required for such party to perform its obligations hereunder.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement is intended, nor shall anything herein be construed to confer any rights in any person other than the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any supplier of a third-party product or service that is identified as a third-party beneficiary in the Service description, is an intended third-party beneficiary of the provisions set forth in this Agreement as they relate specifically to its products or services and shall have the right to enforce directly the terms and conditions of this Agreement with respect to its products nor services against you as if it were a party to this Agreement.
In addition to all terms and conditions described in this Agreement, the following may also apply if you participate in the university program.
- FinjanHost may provide discounted student rates to participating universities for their students. For the avoidance of doubt, only the student, not the university, is the Subscriber and registered holder of the account. Accordingly, the student is solely responsible for complying with the terms and conditions in this Agreement. FinjanHost will support such accounts in accordance with its usual practices.
- Billing information is provided by the student at sign-up or, if the University has prepaid the Initial Term, when the student signs up for additional products or services or renews the account after the Initial Term.
- Please note, that any and all amounts prepaid for accounts purchased by the University are non-refundable, once the account has been created by the student.